Many customers want to display the parameter values that were selected when a particular Reporting Services report was run. This is possible through Reporting Services formulas.
To display the parameters in a report:
- Open the report in Excel or Word with the OfficeWriter Designer
- Go to ‘Insert Formula’ > Build New Formula from the OfficeWriter Designer toolbar
- There will be a drop-down field that contains the report’s parameters. You can create a formula that includes the report parameters.
- This process will create a formula with the report parameter. To insert the formula you just created into the report, go back to Insert Formula on the OfficeWriter Designer toolbar.
- Select the formula you just created. This will insert a data marker (for Excel) or a merge field (for Word) into the report that will display the parameter value when the report runs.