Hello and welcome to our Meet the Team series, in which we aim to give you deeper insight into the minds and personalities of those who make up this eclectic, close-knit group. We are developers, marketers, and technical support engineers, and at work we craft everything from Microsoft reporting APIs to mobile email applications. And outside of work? Let’s just say racing against the machine during hackathons, building architecturally sound beer towers during retros, and paddling down the Charles during the warmer months are simply the beginning.
Meet Paula – Our Talent Acquisition Manager (creator of Networking on PAR) with a knack for Twitter and crafting the tastiest pasta salad (among other delectable BBQ treats) you’ll ever eat.
1. What do you do?
As Senior Talent Acquisition Manager for SoftArtisans and Riparian Data, I am responsible for sourcing talent to match the needs of my team. You can find me on social media (ln|t), attending events and getting ready for our next board game night!
2. When you were 5 what did you want to be and why?
A vet because I thought you could have as many puppies as you wanted.
3. Fill in the blank. Contrary to popular belief I ____.
Am not Katara.
4. Describe your perfect Saturday afternoon in 10 words or less.
Cooking a big meal to share with family and friends.
5. Describe your personal style in one word.
6. What is your worst nightmare?
7. If you were a superhero, what would be your superhero name/power?
I would have a wand like Hermione Granger but keep my name. (Too many profiles/emails to update!)
8. What is the last thing you bought?
Camping gear for my son’s trip to Vermont.
9. Name something that makes you smile.
My 2 boys.
10. If you could teach a college course what would it be?