In Office 2007, Microsoft introduced the OOXML file formats (XLSX, XLSM), which come with benefits, such as an increase in the number of rows allowed in a file. Reporting Services reports designed for OfficeWriter allow for exports to the Office 2007 and 2003 file formats.
To export a report in a particular format, you need to explicitly save the report with the format you want to export it as:
- Open the report with the OfficeWriter Designer
- Click ‘Save As’ on the OfficeWriter Designer toolbar (for Office 2003) or ‘Save’ > ‘Save to disk’ (for Office 2007/2010)
- There will be three options for Reporting Definition files: Office 2007(exports to XLSX, DOCX), Office 2007 with macros (exports to XLSM, DOCM), Office 2003 and earlier (*exports to XLS, DOC)
- Select Office 2007 to save the RDL
- Publish the saved report to the server
Note: Office 2007 (XLSX, DOCX) is only available in OfficeWriter 4.0 and above. Office 2007 with macros (XLSM, DOCM) is only available in OfficeWriter 4.1 and above.