After installing the OfficeWriter Designer, the Designer Add-In is not available in Excel/Word. This may occur if:
- The OfficeWriter Designer installer was not run
- The Designer was not installed properly
- The Designer is currently disabled.
To run the OfficeWriter Designer installer
The OfficeWriter Designer is a component that is redistributible and does not require a license key. There is a separate installer for the OfficeWriter Designer.
The Designer installer is available for separate download from http://www.officewriter.com/product-updates or upon request.
To check if the OfficeWriter Designer was installed correctly:
Make sure that hidden folders are visible:
- Open a folder and go to Folder options
- Under ‘Files and Folders’ locate ‘Hidden Files and Folders’
- Select ‘Show hidden files and holders’
Check the ApplicationData\Microsoft start directories for the Add-In files:
- For Excel: look for SAExcelTemplateAddIn.xlam in Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART
- For Word: look for SAWordTemplateAddIn.dotm in Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP
If the files are there, the OfficeWriter Designer was installed correctly, but might be disabled. See below for how to re-enable the Designer if it’s been disabled.
If the files are not there, then the OfficeWriter Designer was not installed properly. Try uninstalling the OfficeWriter Designer through Add/Remove programs and try to re-install.
How to re-enable the Designer if it has been disabled:
- Go to the Office menu button (2007) or File tab (2010) in the upper left hand corner.
- Click Excel/Word Options
- Select Add-Ins from the left menu
- At the bottom, select ‘Disabled Items’ from the ‘Manage’ drop-down menu.
- Click Go
- If the OfficeWriter Designer is there, select and click Enable.
- Go to the Help menu and select About Microsoft Office Excel/Word
- Click Disabled items*
- If the OfficeWriter Designer is listed, select and click Enable.