Enabling debug logs on a blackberry device can help provide useful information when troubleshooting an issue.
- Bring up the keyboard on your home screen by pressing the blackberry key followed by show keyboard.
- Hold the 123 button in until you see a small lock icon.
- Type in the following sequence “/”/
Other Blackberries (This hasn’t been tested on anything newer then the Curve.)
- On the home screen, hold down the ALT key and type the following sequence LGLG
- You can adjust the minimum log level under EventLogger Options by pressing the blackberry key followed by options. You can changing the level in the top drop down box.
- While still under EventLogger options, you can filter certain logged events by toggling them on and off.
How to save a copy of the debug log
With the EventLog screen open:
- Click the track wheel and select Copy Day’s Contents.
- Paste the contents into the body of an email and send the message to yourself.